Directions by Train
By train main station Essen
- At the Hauptbahnhof Essen take the tram, this brings you right next to the university. The tram is in the basement of the train station. Also the underground starts from this point. The blue signs with "Stadtbahn" mark thiese stations.
- The best way is to take the tram "101" in direction "Borbeck" or the "105" in direction "Frintrop": Usually they operate in 10-minute intervals.
- From Hauptbahnhof it is only 2 stops until you reach the station "Rheinischer Platz" (rate "Kurzstrecke"). At "Rheinischer Platz" get out of the tram, when you reach the upper level take the exit in direction "Universität".
- Proceed under the underpath of the railway to the next traffic light (approx. 200 m). On the left you can see the University Duisburg-Essen.
- Take a left into the "Universitätsstraße". After approx. 50 m you can see a red gate on the right side. Pass this gate and proceed straight ahead under the underpath.
- Stay right, after a few steps you can see the library entrance on the right side. Proceed until you reach the entrance of the new building in which are the premises of the chair. The building is labelled with "R09" and ? is often referred as the new building of the university from people on campus.
- In the second floor go the floor with the door. Right next to the glass door you see a sign on the left side where the Chair for business informatics and software engineering is mentioned ("Lehrstuhl für Wirtschaftsinformatik und Softwaretechnik").
- Unfortunately from 5 p.m. on the glass door is locked, due to several intrusions in the past. In this case use the telephone right next to the glass door at the right side and ask a coworker to open the door for you. You can find the numbers at the aforementioned sign on the left beside the door.
- When crossing the glass door, proceed further until you reach a second glass door. Behind this door you can find the secretariat of the chair at the end of the floor on the left side. The other coworkers offices are on the left side within the whole floor.
- Timetable Information Deutsche Bahn AG
- Timetable Information VRR